Tuesday 26 November 2013

A question

In the name of God I start
What I say, for me, is true
And among a poetic debut of art
I bring peace and blessings to you

The title of this verse I have
Thought of on a moments spur
But the meaning behind it is
Deeper than words infer

I have a question.. an intellectual stance
Our very questioning is remarkable though
This universe while in chaotic dance
Exists in us an inquiring soul

So.. I have a question.. an intellectual knot
A gate which needs to make sense
So this knowledge that I trust you've got
May enable me to climb this fence

So.. I have a question.. a metaphorical cow
Need i squash beef to acquire?
We've all been faced with prejudiced minds
But that's no reason for us to tire

We must push on and open up
And be willing to leave fallacies afar
We must open our minds and hearts
To the truth of life that we are

As humans we experience this life
Our senses and intellects through
And its remarkable to see the diversity
That we find in both me and you

As humans we are made of stardust
And consciousness the apex of things
Look how we've been made to appreciate
The beauty of space that it brings

As humans we are all concerned
With a goal which dominates him
Each one a varying purpose
For this thing we call life within

So the question I have today
With the complexities of a poetic meal
Is how can one shrug off the notion
That there exists a God that is real?

He is the One the Living
He is Powerful beyond scope
He answers our every call
When we implore Him out of hope

He is close to us, yet far
His distance causes no pain
In fact if you call you'll find Him near
Closer than your jugular vein

God is Gracious and Merciful too
God is Eternal and Can never die
Our Lord possesses many houses
besides that one in the sky

He occupies the home of our hearts
Our minds and intellects through
So when we ask a question
Be sure He'll answer it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment